We have just released the 2023 Update of Volume 3, West Coast of Norway, from Bergen up to and including Bodø.
This is a massive update:
- 199 harbours added or updated, bringing the total harbours covered in this volume to 341.
- 96 new harbour and anchorage maps.
- Just over 200 new photographs.
- Updated waypoint file to match.
The updated eBook is available now.
And those of you with eBooks bought after 2018 will be automatically updated to the latest version the next time you open the volume—it may take a few minutes since the update is huge.
Paper books will be available from Vrolijk Watersport (previously Datema Amsterdam) and Amazon in late April or early May. In the meantime, make sure you don’t buy the un-updated Vol. 3 by accident—check for the Updated 2023 stamp on the front cover.
We are also moving away from editions, so in future all volume front covers will be marked clearly with the year they were last updated.
Much more meaningful than an edition number that tells us nothing useful about how up-to-date the information is.
This transition will take until early 2024. In the meantime, remember that:
- The latest editions of Volume 1, General Cruising Information, and 5, Svalbard, are 2018, even if they show no date on the cover, just 8th Edition.
- Volumes 2, 3, and 4 now show the date of the latest update as a stamp.
- Over time we will change all covers to show the year updated, without any edition number, and then we will phase out the stamp.